Monday, June 14, 2010

visits and pictures

Whew! It has been a busy few weeks for us.
After the Burns visit I went to visit my college suitemate Kate Bloomquist Hawes and Jack and I slept over, she and her husband Sid were very hospitable and we had a great time. Great food, some running and good catching up. The next day Laura Hadley Bennett came to visit us. As you can see from the picture she was about ready to pop! She was 38 weeks in this picture and this weekend on June 19 her son Ian Clay was born!!

Jack was happy to pass some of his clothes that were too small on to Ian :)
We had a great visit with lots of laughs. Jack was very good on this trip which gives me hope that the trip to Hawaii will go well. Here is a picture of all of us.

I got home late Thursday night after visiting with the Burn's family and then got up early to run the Army Birthday 10 miler on post. Here I am pre-race...this is my first 10 mile run, the furthest I had gone since finding out I was pregnant with Jack was 8.5, so this was not an easy run for me, but I had a good time.



Jack during the race, I think he's saying "go mommy"




Holly and I after the race. I ran about what I wanted to (about 8 minute miles)and finished without any walk breaks :)



That weekend we did some yard work and Jack came out for a photo shoot, I love this picture :)





Jack is doing really well. He is eating well, chattering, sleeping well, and working on some more teeth. He is so much fun these days, exploring and using his hands, he is also looking to the sound of his name. We had a great Fathers day cookout with some friends this weekend and will post some pics later.
For those of you who know our good friends the Burns. Mike left and if you could keep Jessi in your prayers, this is a very rough time. The beginning is always the hardest.
Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day. I know I am so thankful for my father. :)
Love you Dad!


No comments: