So we are now 8 weeks into this parenting thing and I must say it is the hardest thing I have ever done and loved the most. I have heard people say it's the hardest job you'll ever love and I think that is totally true. This week has been composed of attempting to get on a semi schedule. I am not a huge fan of a strict schedule for a baby because I just don't think it's practical, but after a night when Jack decided to wake up every 2 hours I figured I needed to try something new, so I went to the library to get all of the books I could on sleep training, and a couple of friends had suggested Babywise, so I got that one, The baby whisperer and teaching your child healthy sleep habits.
So this week we have been trying the babywise schedule thing, we eat, then have play/awake time and then nap time. The first few days did not go as mommy wanted, and mommy had a mini meltdown, but since Monday the schedule has really worked well. It makes for a happier baby in the evening which is nice for Jake and it has helped at night too.
So our normal day now looks like this
up around 7-8, eat, play then nap for about 45 minutes in his crib
up around 10, then eat, play, and either walk, errands, or nap in crib for about 1.5-2 hours
then around 1 eat, play, then walk/errands for another 1.5-2 hour nap
around 4 we eat, play, and then most of the time daddy gets home so daddy time and then nap in the swing while mommy makes dinner and works out.
then 7 eat, play, and try to stay awake/cat nap until bath time
then bedtime consists of bath, eat, and Baby Jack goes to bed.
So far this is actually working quite well. I am learning to know my little man, some days are happier than others and the crib napping doesn't always work well and with errands and walking napping is often taking place in his carrier, but we are figuring it out.
Overall we consider ourselves very blessed because Jack is such a happy little man. Very little upsets him. He goes down to sleep pretty well and even though I definitely think kids can cry it out at times he is not too much of a crier.
It is so hard to know what is best for a child, and in the end that is what you want, you want them to be loved, happy, and cared for.
It is so crazy to love another little person so much. The capacity to love that God gives you when you have a child is amazing. Well, I hope you enjoyed a look into the days of Hillary and Jack, I'm sure it will change soon, but for right now we are off to eat and play :)
No comments:
Post a Comment