Pumpkins from the weekend with Kim and Jordan, see below for story.
So this blog will be an update on our lives. I am going to write a seperate blog about my two baby showers and will post some pics from those later.

So I have had many questions about why do people get maternity pictures taken? I would say for me, I really want to remember what I looked like at this time. Most pictures are not very flattering, but I want to have a picture documentation of the whole experience, and it's fun to get really good pictures taken after getting makeup and hair done (something that doesn't happen all that often for me because I am in my house alot). I did get a haircut prior to these pictures, short, like it used to be, much easier and mom like :)What else has happened, we went home for my birthday weekend, and then we got our household goods and moving definitely pooped me out, being on my feet for all day bending and lifting made me super tired, but my husband was soo helpful and we made pretty short work of it (if you know us we both can't stand clutter so about 3 days of boxes was all we could tolerate). After the move I hosted a coffee for our Army wives group and it went really well. There are lots of very nice wives here and our social events have been alot of fun. We have made some new friends here and have had some of them over and been to their houses. Then we had a great visit from Kim and Jordan Howell where we went to see Dracula the play and carved pumpkins. (pic above). It was great to see them and I personally think the friends you make in the Army for life are the best part, no matter where you live you are connected to them. After that weekend I went home for the better part of a week to see my extended family and had a great time.
When we traveled home for my birthday weekend and after 2 weeks of car trouble decided it was time to get rid of our car, and we recently acquired a Santa Fe. It is very nice, much more spacious and AWD which was very important to daddy for this winter.
Jake's school is going well and it is a great time in the Army for us. I have managed to stay quite busy. My average week involves
Monday: walk usually and phone date with Jessi
Tuesday: Swim early and friend time or down time/grocery shopping
Wednesday: Walk usually and getting paperwork type of things done
Thursday: Bible study in the AM and swim in the afternoon
Friday: Walk and Jake usually gets off early so cleaning the house prior to the weekend and then getting ready for weekend fun
Being a housewife has been nice for me and I can't imagine working and getting ready for a baby and moving all at once...
So we feel very blessed, we have been going to on post chapel here and enjoying it, but we especially miss our Hawaii church family on Sundays.
Well it is Tuesday night and SYTYCD is on so I have to get going, but I hope this is a good update. I can't believe that I only have 6 more weeks of being pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment